Modules can be booked by all students of the University of Zurich who are enrolled in a bachelor's or master's degree program or who are taking at least one course or elective measured with course credits. You can only book modules during the module booking period and after paying your semester fees.
We recommend you do the following before booking your modules:
- Consult the relevant study rules to get an idea of the structure and specific features of the course of study you wish to take.
- Plan which modules and courses you wish to book in the next semester by using the handbook of courses and considering information provided by the faculties.
- Contact the relevant academic advisory center or the faculty offices which process the module booking if you have subject-specific questions.
- Please note the faculty information on booking deadlines.
- Click the info icons for additional information when you are booking modules.
Module bookings become binding once the cancellation period has ended. You are then obliged to complete the module. In particular, please note the following points:
- You are responsible for monitoring your own bookings and cancellations. This includes ensuring that your bookings or cancellations have been processed correctly.
- We recommend you print out the receipts from the bookingtool.
- The study rules of the relevant courses of study and subjects apply if you wish booked modules to count towards a degree program.
- You are obliged to book the relevant module even if you have registered by using the University of Zurich's E-Learning-System (OLAT) or registered for a lecture, seminar or colloquium directly at a faculty or institute.
- Withdrawal from the university or a change of course do not exempt you from the obligation to complete the module.
The University of Zurich does not conduct correspondence regarding bookings and cancellations.