Table of contents
|Fall semester||15 - 31 May|
|Spring semester||15 - 30 November|
If you enroll late, please contact the Student Administration Office immediately. A fee of CHF 30.00 will be charged for late enrollments.
Who Is Subject to Compulsory Matriculation?
- Regular students and PhD candidates
- Visiting students
- Students and doctoral students participating in a mobility program at home or abroad (Outgoing mobility)
- Students who are only taking minor subjects or individual modules and courses at the University of Zurich, participate in a joint degree program or in organized student mobility (Incoming-mobility)
- Participants of the program for teacher training (Teaching Diploma for Upper Secondary Education)
If applicable to your situation, you must take the following steps when you enroll online: Submit a request for leave from the University or to have your matriculation suspended; change your degree program to another level of study; change your course of study or subject; withdraw from the university. Please follow the procedures for semester enrollment.
Who Does Not Have to Enroll?
How to Enroll for the Semester Online
Online semester enrollment enables you to do the following:
- Direct entry to a Master's or doctoral program or to the program for teacher training for UZH students in a Bachelor's or a Master's program respectively
- Change your course of study, major subject, and/or minor subject
- Apply for leave of absence or suspension of matriculation
- Withdraw from the university
Once you have enrolled for semesters online, you will be sent an invoice for the relevant semester fees, which must be paid by 31 July for the fall semester and by 31 January for the spring semester.
Module booking access, student ID, certificates
Once payment has been received, you will be given access to book modules, and a valid student ID and proof-of-matriculation vouchers will also be sent to you. Please be aware that it may take several days for actual payment to be received once you have initiated payment. You are therefore advised to pay your semester fees without delay.