|Fall semester||15 - 31 May|
|Spring semester||15 - 30 November|
With regard to late semester enrollments, please contact the Student Administration Office immediately. A fee of CHF 30.00 will be charged for late enrollments.
If you belong to one of the following groups, are already registered at the UZH and intend to continue studying at the University of Zurich next semester as well, then matriculation is compulsory. Please use the Online semester enrollment.
- Regular and doctoral students
- Visiting students
- Students and doctoral students participating in a mobility program at home or abroad (Outgoing mobility)
- Students who are only taking minor subjects or individual modules and courses at the University of Zurich, participate in a joint degree program or in organized student mobility (Incoming-mobility)
- Participants of the program for teacher training (Teaching Diploma for Secondary Education)
If applicable to your situation, you must take the following steps when you enroll online: submit a request for leave from the University or to have your matriculation suspended; change your degree program to another level of study; change your course of study or subject; withdraw from the university. Please follow the procedures for semester enrollment.
Online semester enrollment enables you to do the following:
- Direct entry to a Master's or doctoral program or to the program for teacher training for UZH students in a Bachelor's or a Master's program respectively
- Change your course of study, major subject and minor subject
- Apply for leave of absence or suspension of matriculation
- Request withdrawal from the university
Once you have enrolled for semesters online, you will be sent an invoice for the relevant semester fees, which must be settled by 31 July for the fall semester and by 31 January for the spring semester.
Module booking access, student ID, certificates
Once payment has been received, you will be given access to module booking, and a valid student ID and semester certificate will also be sent to you. Please be aware that it may take several days for actual payment to be received once you have initiated payment. You are therefore advised to pay your semester fees without delay.